Art Fair Philippines 2016


I never thought I'd appreciate art. I mean, these kind of arts where a material of masterpiece is hanged up on the wall. I used to criticize artworks because I never get what they stand for. Before I believed that it was crazy for society to accept art such a drop of a single paint is worth for millions of dollars. 

Experiencing art fair was both exciting and really interesting. Looking through the gallery, it made me wonder- What was going through the artist's mind when he was making this? Why did the artist produce such art? What pushed them?

 Then I began to realize that it is not just about a mere piece of art. It is all about passion. The way they create the canvas. The emotions and feelings they were possessing while bringing the art to existence. Again it's not just about the product, it is about the creator, and for me- that is worth priceless. 



Over 40 galleries were made available for display and photography last February 18-21, 2016 at The Link, Makati. The Art Fair showcased the support for Filipino art practitioners. 

Here are some art that caught my attention the most, plus a little overview of what you'd get to experience at Art Fair. 

Apology in advance for not including of some of the names of the art and the artists.



This huge collection of framed tropical photography was the first thing I saw upon entering the fair. Different kinds of frames were put together to assemble a circle. Ironic how a circle has no sides, yet this one was made out of collate solids with 4 edges. 


The human with wide spread arms inside a rainbow colored art. What do you think this stands for? ...#LGBT


Yes. Love. The word love made out of tiny soldier toy figures. 







Most of the artworks in the World are indescribable. You can never understand what it signifies, yet it is better left that way. That's the beauty in it, it leaves the beholder the freedom to denote.


This one is called "Resisting Temptation". I find its metaphor really clever, referring to the canvas- the woman had to wear a mask to resist the apple she is holding when she could just let go of the apple and remove the mask. 


 I'm a big fan of black and white photos. I find it really dramatic, while this canvas showed an unquestionable amount of emotion. I feel like it connects to me. 





More modern art at its finest. 




A special exhibit where people are allowed to chill with bare feet on the clothed grass- while they 'look for meaning', hence the title of the exhibit with jumbled words on the wall.



I'm a sucker for emotions, and this Fairy Tale canvas did manifested a lot. This art on a black wall really caught my attention. 



This figure seemed so real and alive up close. Oh, and they used actual dead butterflies to finish the setup. It is intriguing I'd say. 



A free wall for everyone to post their artwork. People were open to contribute their talent by making art through imprinting coins on a special paper. And you thought art fairs are merely for looking around. 




The Fair Isle- by Martha Atienza- displaying a relaxing HD video of the sea. Both astonishing and impressive- we even got to play with silhouettes. 

I never thought art would be exciting. This art fair changed my outlook on art as I've stressed above. I can't wait to see more art. 

(all photos are mine, you're free to steal them as long as you give credit)


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. love it!!! I love your captions for the artworks hehe

    ReplyDelete

Hello stranger, you're visitor number