The time I flew a helicopter over the city of Los Angeles


 The only thing better than being in Los Angeles was having the chance to admire whole of the city itself from above. But then again- I won't lie; the part that made it more exciting was to have given the fortuity to drive the helicopter 'per se. 



It left me in a reverie. It was the best 1 hour of my life. I'm not trying to be bumptious but life did felt a hundred percent best after the astonishing experience. I've always liked being at high places -this is not fact anew about me since I've often mentioned this on my other blog posts- Anyways here is how I ended up flying a helicopter myself.




We drove to Van Nuys Airport. The original plan was to have a helicopter tour over Los Angeles only. But then my fam -slash- tempo parents in LA (hi guys if you're ever reading this) asked if I wanted to learn to fly the helicopter. I was like "Hell yeah, why not?" Seriously, what could go wrong? Worse case scenarios: Either we crash and our bodies becomes unidentified due to the fire from the impact- or we crash down to the bottom of the sea and get gnawed by sea monsters. Just kidding, those visions didn't even entered my thoughts that day. I trust those guys working there and tbh, I admire them for their jobs. They got me inspired to be a pilot one day. It would be an honor to take this as a career. Someday. 



Okay so my dad was too nervous to ride and insisted to stay on the base. (Can't find photos of in the helicopter sorry). We convinced him to come because -why would someone even pass up this amazing chance?- He said I was really brave. I thought; the only thing frightening about it is if we actually DON'T get to have the tour.  Never in my life have I thought I'd get to ride a helicopter, yet alone actually fly one. 

The tallest building in Los Angeles- the US BANK- 
We circled around it twice, I had to take a shot so I let my co-pilot take charge of the flying first. I swear it's really amazing to be up there. (It's free to use my shots, just make sure to credit my blog or else don't go stealing my photos sorry)

Yeah this right here is the Marina Del Ray. Obviously it is a port with a beautiful waterfront. We just passed by Venice beach and Santa Monica which sadly, I didn't get a chance to take a photo of. 


Here's one from above of the Dodger's stadium. Yup, I got a selfie with LA's famous stadium. There weren't any game at that moment so clearly it looked empty. 



Ah yes, we can't say we had an LA tour without the infamous Hollywood sign. We circled around the sign three times. Don't get me wrong, we hiked up there and I'll say; I'd rather have a helicopter take me up there. 



Meet the Rotor F/X's R44 RAVEN II or as I prefer to call it 'The Bumblebee'. It can be occupied by 4 persons, passengers at the back and the Pilot with their Co-Pilot up front. There were lots of other helicopters like the mono type heli -not sure what it's called, but it can only accommodate the pilot himself- and like this huge black beaut below which they all call the "Limo" 

I believe the company had won lots of award for being efficient. Their copters are often used for film-making and such. I can't provide false information here so I'd have to ask people from there and update my blog soon. 

It's one of the highlights of my US trip and I'm really thankful that it happened. She and Steve are one of the persons I'm grateful for so I figured to include her in my post and because we look really cute here lol. Anyways, this helicopter experience placed a tick on my bucket list, but then again it added a new one. Try to guess what. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello stranger, you're visitor number